John Tory said Tuesday that he believes the possession of small amounts of marijuana for personal use should have been decriminalized “years ago,” but that Toronto police should continue to target illegal dispensaries across the city.
- Governor Wolf Promises to Protect Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Patients from Jeff Sessions
- This Massive Marijuana Stock IPO Imploded on Its First Day of Trading
- Federal Lawmakers Reintroduce Bipartisan Medical Cannabis Bill
- Marijuana Shipment Businesses Under Investigation by Denver’s Better Business Bureau
- Oregon Marijuana Dispensary Tax Payment Stolen by Department of Revenue Employee
California Cannabis Study: State’s Legal Market Poised for $5 Billion Windfall
As the Golden State prepares to roll out new medical and recreational regulations on Jan. 1, 2018, a recent California cannabis study has estimated that all of that preparation will result in a $5 billion windfall for the state’s legal market.
Cannabis Standards: FOCUS and ASTM Joining Forces to Drive Standardization
On June 12, 2017, ASTM International, an international voluntary consensus standards organization, announced that it had signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Foundation of Cannabis Unified Standards, indicating that the two organizations will collaborate in developing cannabis standards for the legal cannabis industry.
Increasing Number of Financial Institutions Banking Marijuana Money
It seems the advent of the Trump Administration has yet to dissuade banks from serving state-legal marijuana businesses. According to a marijuana banking update issued by the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, a growing number of financial institutions are banking marijuana money in the United States.