A former steel town in Pennsylvania has turned to medicinal marijuana for an economic boost, taking direction from a Canadian town that made a similar move.
- Nevada Recreational Marijuana Greenlit for Sales on July 1
- Pennsylvania Awards Medical Marijuana Dispensary Permits for the First Time
- This is Why a Majority of Voters Support Utah Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Denver Issues Rules for Social Marijuana Use
- Marijuana Dispensary Stocks Will Soon be Thanking Secretive VR Firm
Anti-Drug Official: Cuban Marijuana Legalization Will Never Happen
While Cuba and the United States are working closely to combat the small country’s ongoing problem with drug trafficking, Cuban officials have said that the legalization of marijuana in nearby countries is actually adding to the trouble, dispelling the prospects of Cuban marijuana legalization.
Tobacco Research Organization to Study Marijuana and Opioids
On June 20, 2017, Battelle, an Ohio-based non-profit research and development organization that has studied tobacco for the past 50 years, announced that it would be expanding its research efforts to include marijuana and opioids.
#JusticeForJawara: Peter Tosh’s Son Beaten into Coma While Imprisoned for Cannabis
On June 21, 2017, attorney Jasmine Rand announced that her client, Jawara McIntosh, son of iconic reggae artist Peter Tosh, was beaten into a coma on Feb. 21, 2017, at New Jersey’s Bergen County Jail while serving six months for cannabis-related charges.